Baseball is ten times the sport football is. There, I said it. I’m sick and tired of pretending that football is the greatest American innovation and that baseball has long since been relevant, let alone exciting. Call me crazy, (on second though, hold off) but baseball freaking rocks. And it starts during the spring! That’s like taking a giant birthday cake and dumping a pan of brownies on it. Tell me that wouldn’t be the best cake ever. You could probably slather some icing on top of them and then bust out the ice cream before…
Wait, where was? Oh yeah, baseball. It’s here! And you know what? Some of the Major League teams offer free kids programs. I’ve included as many as I could find in the post below and will update this as/if more become available. Some of the offers are clearly better than others, so here’s to hope your kids favorite team is listed below with some cool freebies.
This one won’t be available until April and they don’t say what you’ll get, but it’s going to be free, so it’s worth bookmarking and coming back to next month. They also have a free Kid’s Club where you can earn points for going to games and such.
- Register below and Orioles.com will e-mail you a voucher good for one (1) FREE Upper Reserve Ticket to see one (1) Orioles 2009 regular season non-prime home game during your birth month.
- After you register for yourself, you can then register on behalf of your child by filling out the “Birthday Celebrant Information” below to help them celebrate their special day! It’s our way of helping you create your own Orioles Magic.
- Exclusive members-only experiences at Progressive Field
- Membership and redemption card with lanyard
- Indians notebook and pencil
- 2009 Cleveland Indians Community Calendar
- Half hour of private playtime on the Gateway Plaza Kids Land during Sunday Kids Fun Days, starting two and a half hours before game time
- Exclusive access to “Signature Sunday” to the first 200 High Achievers Kids Club members to check in at the High Achievers Kids Club Tent on Gateway Plaza each Sunday starting at 10:30AM (must have day- of- game tickets to participate in Signature Sunday)
- FREE ticket for you and one friend when you purchase a Slider Birthday Party at Progressive Field
- A birthday card from Slider
If you live in the state of Florida, this fan pack is free. Otherwise you have to pay $9.95.
- A Welcome Letter from Billy The Marlin
- 2 FREE Vouchers to attend a 2009 Marlins Home Game
- Billy’s Bunch Cap
- Billy’s Bunch Wristband
- Drawstring Backpack
- Josh Johnson Poster
- Official Membership Card
- A pack of Topps Baseball Cards
- Membership Card
- First access to the all new Jr. Dodgers Training Days
- Special Offers from our Sponsors
- Exclusive access to Jr. Dodgers Experiences including
- VIP access to select Kids Run the Bases events
- The chance to take the field with your favorite Dodgers
- The chance to announce “It’s Time for Dodgers Baseball”
- The chance to be a guest reporter for the Jr. Dodgers Newsletter
They charge money for their club, however they have a promotion where you can get select tickets to their August 29th home game for half the normal price. Use code KIDSCREW (somebody really needs to look over these codes before making them official).
Yet another club that isn’t accepting 2009 applications, however I know their 2008 club was free, so I’d expect a similar offer later this year.
- Official Membership Certificate
- Official Welcome Post Card from Manager Ozzie Guillen
- A set of six baseball cards featuring current White Sox Players
- White Sox Temporary Tattoos
- White Sox Kids Club Poster
- Two ticket coupons redeemable for Upper Reserved seat tickets to Regular-priced games (this excludes Prime, Premier and Sox/Cubs games during the 2009 season)
Anybody know of one I missed? Let us know about it in the comments!