EDIT: So, obviously the 2009 Entertainment Book is no longer available, however you can get the newest version here!
So Budget Busters is going to be a new series where I explain ways to save money while spending money: coupon, lowering your utility bills, trading items instead of buying them new, stuff like that. This first one covered the new Entertainment 2009 Coupon Book that basically has the following pros & cons:
- Comes with $20,000+ in coupons.
- You can look at the coupons in your area's book before you get it! This is a huge bonus and that I think some people overlook. You essentially know exactly what you're getting upfront.
- Many of the coupons can only be found in this booklet and are worth more than most circular coupons. (free entree instead of only an appetizer, etc)
- Each book is area specific (mine is for the D.C. region only), so around half of the coupons are for locally owned and small stores.
- Coupons expire at end of each year, so you have almost a year to use them every time.
- Costs between $16-20, but comes with free shipping. Note that you can usually find it
- Some of the coupons for on-line retailers can be found by Googling.
- Most restaurant coupons are BOGO, so it's not that great for a single person.
I gave an example in the video of how I ate at my favorite Mexican hole in the wall recently for my birthday and used a BOGO coupon for a free $10 entree. That's already half of the cost it took to purchase the coupon booklet and after I use the second BOGO coupon in a few months, I'll have recouped the price of purchase. After that, every time I use one of the other hundreds of coupons, it's like free money.
So at the very least, check out your region's Entertainment 2009 Coupon Book and see if the coupons in your area interest you! If so, order a book while it's still on sale for 30% off WITH free shipping!
I also announced the winner of the $50 Target gift card, which was Deem2. Thank you to everyone who participated and if you're now following me on Twitter, send me a message and I'll gladly reply!
There's also one last hidden clue in the video about something else coming up, but I can't say anything more about that 😀