It's been almost two years since I first brought on some additional writers and I think it's about time to expand once again. Adam and I have the (legit) freebie scene pretty much nailed down and Shaynon dominates the reviews, but there's one major area of being frugal and getting things for free that we stink at: coupons and deals!
Thus, I'm looking for one, maybe two, new writers for the following positions with horrible names that I just came up with.
Coupon Hunter: Basically you'd be in charge of something similar to my Weekly Coupon Posts, only with more coupons and the ability to make good on the namesake by posting a batch at least once a week.
Deal Master: What I'm looking for here is somebody who is really into the buyer rewards programs that Walgreens, CVS, and other stores make available. Many of them have weekly specials that, when paired with free coupons, make it easy to get stuff for pennies on the dollar if not for free. Check out this post from Deal Seeking Mom for an example of what I'm talking about.
Think you might be interested? Click below for the few basic requirements, benefits, and more info!
- Obviously, you need to know how to find coupons on-line. Being a member of multiple coupon sites and message boards is a huge plus. People who send me links to their profiles on said sites/boards are an even bigger plus.
- Basic writing skills (that means, correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, the usual.)
- Be interesting! You don't have to have the same
stupiditydry wit as me, but you need to be able to take a deal/coupon post and be able to pepper it with funny/interesting/humorous anecdotes.
- People who send in a sample post or two that best reflects how they would write on HIF will of course get noticed first. hint, hint
So now you know what I'm looking for, but you're wondering what's in it for you. Well, that's pretty easy.
- This will be a paid position. But let me stress one thing – if you're in this just for the money, don't waste your time. I don't even make a living off of HIF, this is simply a hobby and thus good for a little WAM (walking around money).
- Your own HIF e-mail address if you want one. (ex: email@example.com)
- You can write as little or as much as you want each month.
- A custom user tag over on the . You'll be the envy of everybody there.
- The ability to tell your friends and family that you work (hey, you're actually getting paid!) for a one of the coolest websites on the net! Heck, update your resume for all I care! I promise I give good references.
This would be the perfect job for stay-at-home moms, college students, people who goof off on the computer at work – in essence, anybody who has a little free time every day! I haven't decided how many people I'll be hiring now since it'll depend on how many applicants I get, how much people think they can write, etc. But every application will be looked over and responded to by me personally.
Enough of my rambling. If you're interested, send me your application and good luck!