As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- If Only I Could Talk: a Canine Adventure
- Wild for You: A thrilling opposites attract romantic suspense
- False Security
- Stormcock: A compelling new series from the author of the DS Lasser crime novels.
- Control Us
- Traveling from Texas
- Bump in the Night
- Tempting Propositions – Strictly Business Book 1
- Falling Star
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- Tribal Court: David Brunelle Legal Thriller #2
- By Reason of Insanity: David Brunelle Legal Thriller #3
- The Bad Lady: A gripping psychological thriller
- When The Stranger Came: A Suspense Thriller
- Surviving, One Day at a Time
- Surviving Until The End
- The Candidate
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- Zombie Theorem: The Culling Book One
- Marauder Ramses
- Halfkinds: Survival and Superiority
- Written In The Stars
- The Fugitive Heir: Matt & Michelle Book 1
- Unlawful Presence: A Killer Robot Thriller
- Flatlined: Science Fiction/Mystery/Suspense
- Catching Hell
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- 550 Easy Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Most Wanted And Most Delicious Recipes For Fast & Easy Meals
- Power Pressure Cooker XL Cookbook: 5 Ingredients or Less – 100 Irresistible Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes for Healthy, Fast, and Delicious Meals
- Bundt Cake Cookbook: Delicious Bundt And Pound Cake Recipes You Can Easily Make At Home
- Winning Chili Recipes
- French Bistro Cooking: Easy Classic French Cuisine Recipes to Make at Home
Free Religion eBooks
- Another Backwards Christmas
- Raven and the Wolf
- Merri's Christmas Mission
- The Moral Values of the Qur'an
- Τales of Love Looking West: A Historical Western Romance Novel
- Havoc Begins: A Havoc in Wyoming Story | America's New Apocalypse
Free Romance eBooks
- Written with Regret
- An Inner Fire: The Grayce Walters Romantic Suspense Series
- Friend Zone
- Love and Pancakes
- Damaged Goods: A Small Town Romance
- Seducing the Sun Fae: A Fada Novel
- Hunter Bound: Scifi Romance
Free Fantasy eBooks
- Logan and the Cartographer's Lackey
- The Hermetica of Elysium: Book One of the Elysium Texts Series
- Day's End
Free History eBooks
- Sword of Empire: Centurion
- History of Western Military Academy, Alton, Illinois 1879-1971
- Jake Walker: Texas Ranger: Pursuit: The First Novel In The “A Jake Walker Western” Series!
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- Asphalt Asylum: The Dark Roads to Light
- Love Ever After: How My Husband Became My Spirit Guide
- Underdog Thinking: A Bold Idea, A Business Adventure And 101 Lessons Learned Along The Way
Free Business eBooks
- 1-page Planner: How To Discover Your Red-hot Niche Of Cash-paying Raving Fans. Dominate It. Become The Business Customers Want To Buy From
- 35 Top Dividend Growth Stocks
- Holiday lets How to get started
Free Humor eBooks
Free Graphic Novels eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
Free Horror eBooks
- Rebel Angels: A Coming of Age Horror Story
- 100 Word Horrors Part 2: An Anthology of Horror Drabbles
- The Man Upstairs
- Twisted Tales from the Desert
Other Free eBooks
- Other People's Horses
- A DIY Guide to Therapeutic Body and Skin Care Recipes: Homemade Body Lotions, Skin Creams, Whipped Butters, and Herbal Balms and Salves
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!