The workload between trying to keep the site not only running, but fresh, as well as managing the forums, coming up with new contests, trying to find some cool sponsors, etc. has outgrown my free time! And that doesn't even leave room for trying to develop all the cool ideas for the site that could set us apart from 99% of the other freebies sites out there, as well as all the other random projects I have going on at the moment.
So the time has come to bring on a few fellow writers here at HIF!. Please, you didn't think I'd just give up and close shop, did you? I freaking love freebies! And I love all the readers, commenters, and contributers even more! So here's the deal – if you love freebies as well and think you have what it takes (don't worry, it's not much. If I can do it, anybody can!) to post on here, then send me an e-mail.
The few basic requirements are:
- A love for all things free!
- Basic writing skills (that means, correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, the usual. Microsoft Word is a great friend when it comes to this area if you have trouble :))
- Be interesting! You don't have to have the same dry wit as me, but you need to be able to take a freebie and write something funny/witty/humorous/whatever about it!
Ideally, the perfect candidate would have the above skills as well as the few mentioned below!
- Prior experience with WordPress or something similar. This is optional, as WP is VERY easy to learn (it's made for people who know little about computers) and I'm willing to teach/help. But it'd be really nice if you knew it ahead of time!
- Experience with finding freebies. I'll be glad to share whatever resources I use to find the freebies if you don't know of any already, but if somebody came to me with a resource I didn't know about and had the above skills, chances are they'd be on the shortlist.
- The ability to filter out crappy freebies. Anybody can find links to free brochures for Montana tourism, but who actually wants one? You need to be able to weed out the scammy/crappy freebies, seeing as how 90% of the offers out there qualify as those. We only want the good stuff here on HIF!
So now you know what I'm looking for, but you're wondering what's in it for you! Well, that's pretty easy!
- This will be a paid position. I'll be paying each writer per post they make up to a certain amount every month, so that everybody is paid equally. But let me stress one thing – if you're in this for the money, don't waste your time. We don't make much money here at HIF! Industries and thus, I have very little to pay people with. As the site grows and (hopefully) makes more money, I would be able to pay you more. But as of now, I can only modestly reward you for your work – but hey, most sites don't even pay their writers!
- Your own HIF! e-mail address if you want one. (ex, [email protected] or [email protected])
- You can write as little or as much as you want each month. If you only have time for a few posts a week, that's fine. If you have a bunch of time the next week and want to go all out, then more power to you!
- Once we get some sponsored freebies around here (I'm still pestering companies about that!), you'll be first in line to get the samples and enjoy them.
- Firsthand knowledge and experience of how running a freebie site works!
- A custom user tag over on the . You'll be the envy of everybody here. Hahaha.
- The ability to tell your friends and family that you work (hey, you're actually getting paid!) for a one of the coolest freebie websites on the net! Wait, not just freebie sites, but one of the coolest sites on the net, period! 🙂
This would be the perfect job for college students, retirees, stay-at-home moms, people who goof off on the computer at work – in essence, anybody who has a little free time every day! I haven't decided how many people I'll be hiring now since it'll depend on how many applicants I get, how much people think they can write, etc. But every application will be looked over and responded to by me personally.
So e-mail me your application and let me know you're interested. In addition, include any samples of your writing (it doesn't matter what the topic is) that you might have, how many posts a day/week/month you think you might be able to do, and why I should pick you! Here's to keeping HIF open, free, and awesome!