Baseball's opening day is less than a week away, which means my ability to focus and stay on point has vanished. The mere thought of baseball makes me giddy and distracts me from more important things like working, eating, and blinking.
Last year there were four or five MLB freebies throughout the season, but it looks like more clubs have stepped up this season. Most of the clubs below are aimed at children, but they often include tickets to a non-prime game, which means you won't have to watch those Damn Yankees!
Baltimore Orioles: Birthday Club
- Get a free ticket to celebrate your birthday. This is valid for children and adults alike!
Chicago White Sox: Slugger Kids Club
- Official membership certificate
- Official welcome postcard from AL Rookie of the Year finalist Gordon Beckham
- White Sox shoelaces
- White Sox temporary tattoos
- White Sox posts
- Two ticket coupons redeemable for Upper Reserved seat tickets to regular-priced games
Cleveland Indians: KeyBank High Achievers Kids Club
- Official Membership/Redemption Card
- Official Welcome Letter from Indians Centerfielder Grady Sizemore
- One half hour of private playtime on the Gateway Plaza Kids Land during KeyBank Sunday Kids Fun Days, starting two and a half hours before game time
- Chance to earn free tickets by reading three books, maintaining A's & B's, etc.
Florida Marlins: Billy's Bunch Kids Club for kids 12 and under who live in Miami-Dad, Broward, Palm Beach, Collier and Monroe counties. Residents living elsewhere in Florida pay $2.95 shipping. Residents living outside of Florida pay $9.95.
- Official 2010 Bill's Bunch membership card
- Welcome letter from Billy the Marlin
- Two free vouchers to attend a 2010 Marlins game
- Billy the Marlin wall flag
- Billy's Bunch drawstrings bag
- Billy's Bunch Sports water bottle
- Cody Ross poster
Kansas City Royals: Free pocket schedule.
- Membership Card
- First access to the all new Jr. Dodgers Training Days
- Special Offers from Sponsors
- Exclusive access to Jr. Dodgers Experiences including
- VIP access to select Kids Run the Bases events
- The chance to take the field with your favorite Dodgers
- The chance to announce “It's Time for Dodgers Baseball” before a Dodgers home game
- The chance to be a guest reporter for the Jr. Dodgers Newsletter
Pittsburgh Pirates: Bucaroos Kids Club
- Four complimentary member-only ticket vouchers (valid with the purchase of at least one (1) adult ticket)
- Membership Card with Lanyard
- Drawing to be included in the member-only autograph sessions during the 2010 season
- Invitation to the back-to-school Bucaroos on-field march on August 22nd
- Web-based newsletters and e-mails about other Pirates/Bucaroos special events
San Diego Padres: Junior Padres Kids Club (registration will open shortly)
- Junior Padres membership card
- Padres Lanyard
- Two discount ticket vouchers
- An invitation to Field Day, Sunday, October 3, 2010
- One free child's admission to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- Unlimited free child's admission to the San Diego Hall of Champions Museum
- Head-of-the-line privileges for Kids Run the Bases (select Sundays)
- Exclusive access to Junior Padres Sunday Signings
Washington Nationals: Junior Nationals Kids Club
- Plastic Membership Card
- Kids Run the Bases after select Sunday home game (ages 4-12)
- Nationals lanyard
- Meet and Greet with the Racing Presidents and Screech
Know of any I missed? Want to predict how many games the Mariners will win this year? Then comment away!