As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- Writing Mr. Right: An Opposites Attract Romance
- Two Hitmen: A Double Bad Boy Mafia Romance
- From Afar
- Dead Souls
- The Job
- Clarice's Sweet Romance: Mail Order Bride Romance
- Shades of Blue: A Period Drama
- One More Time
- Day of the Tiger
- Euro Trip: A sweet, short romance read
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- The Metronome
- Turquoise Deception: A Murder Mystery
- Magical Cool Cat Mysteries Volume 4
- Death At The Zoo: A Culinary Cozy Mystery With A Delicious Recipe
- Lakeside Murders
- With Intent to Deceive
- Textbook Murder
- The Shrieking Pit
Free Science Fiction eBooks
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- The Anti-Inflammatory Diet Guide for Beginners: Reduce Inflammation Naturally, Boost Your Immune System with the Right Foods and Change Your Life Easily
- Beef Cookbook: Fast and Easy Beef Soup, Salad, Casserole, Slow Cooker and Skillet Recipes Inspired by The Mediterranean Diet: Gluten-free Ketogenic Diet Cooking
- Instant Pot® Mini Cooking for Two: Beginners Guide with Fast and Tasty Recipes for Your 3-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker: A Cookbook for Instant Pot® MINI Duo Users
- Mexican Cookbook: Delicious Recipes from Mexico
- The Clean Eating Cookbook: 101 Amazing Whole Food Salad, Soup, Casserole, Slow Cooker and Skillet Recipes Inspired by The Mediterranean Diet
- Copycat Recipes: The Ultimate Step-by-Step Cookbook on How to Make the Most Delicious Italian Restaurant Dishes at Home.
Free Religion eBooks
- Here and Now: A Whimsical Take on God
- Embers Of Home
- The Necessity of Atheism
- Perfect Brightness of Hope: A Latter-day Saint's Journey through Alcohol and Drug Addiction
- The Holy Spirit Whispered in My Ear: A Collection of Poems to Inspire and Encourage
- Annie's Silver Lining
- Killer Classes
Free Romance eBooks
- Wedding Bands
- Only for Tonight
- Run to You: A 100 Series Standalone Romance
- Shifter's Fate
- Borrowing a Fiancé
- Call of the Sea
- A Wind Doth Blow
- Santa's Wolves
- Her Highland Prophecy: A Steamy Scottish Historical Time Travel Romance Novel
Free Fantasy eBooks
Free History eBooks
- Rosa Parks: The Woman Who Ignited a Movement
- Wolves of Rome
- With the Indians in the Rockies: Life & Adventures of Trapper and Trader Thomas Fox
Free Business eBooks
- The Little Tax Lien Tax Deed Book
- Millennial Millionaire: Optimize Your Financial Life and Get Rich
- Red Goldfish Promo Edition: How Promotional Products Leverage Purpose to Increase Impact
- Leadership Safari: Discovering the Secret to Leadership Success
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- A Little Princess
- Ellie and Lou: The Meaning of Friendship
- Frost Legacy: The Inheritance
- What Wonders Await Outdoors
- Where is Bob Tom?: The Story of a Rambling Cat
- Batchelor Spatchula – The Big Stink
- The Sheeple
Free Horror eBooks
Other Free eBooks
- The Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet, Simple Recipes to Make Healthy Eating Delicious.
- How to Go Paleo: Natural and Healthy Weight Loss
- The Purpose Plan: How to Create the Life of Your Dreams by Finding, Following, and Believing in Your Purpose
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!