As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- Dirty Rogue
- In a Stranger's Arms
- You're Mine: A Secret Baby Second Chance Romance
- The Name of Red: Secret Admirer Strangers to Companions Romance
- The Death of Life
- Wicked Game
- Left For Dead: Morecambe Bay Trilogy 1
- Eight Years: A Novel
- The Surprise Baby: Mail Order Bride Romance
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- Hounds of Autumn
- Dead Wrong
- Bark Once For Murder: A Pet Shop Cozy Mystery, Book 1
- The Stealth Warrior: Navy SEAL Romance
- Death & Decluttering: A Good, Clean Cozy Mystery
- The Jeri Howard Anthology: Books 6-9
- Catch A Falling Star
- Calamity under the Chandelier
- The Shining Years: A story of love and mystery
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- Atlantis Bermuda Triangle: A Novel of Time Travel and Alternate Worlds
- Fall Of Hope
- Zournal: Book 1: It All Started
- Breaking Bard 1 – Serenade: A LitRPG Adventure
- Hannoki's Will
- Dustfall, Book Two – The Parting of Ways
- Waiting in the Silence
- Rotter Apocalypse
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- A Foodie’s Guide to Tuscany: Places, Flavours, Itineraries, Must Do for the Epicurian Explorer ; 20 Fabulous Recipes
- Keto Dessert Cookbook 2020: quick & easy, sugar-free, ketogenic cakes & sweets, smoothies to shed weight
- Smoking Meat: Electric Smoker Cookbook: Ultimate Smoker Cookbook for Real Pitmasters, Irresistible Recipes for Your Electric Smoker: Book 4
- Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Over 50 Quick and Easy Recipes
- More Home Canning and Preserving Recipes for Beginners: More Easy Recipes for Canning Fruits and Vegetables
Free Religion eBooks
- Vile Blood
- The Gift of Empathy
- Past Forward Volume 5
- His Small-Town Girl
- Wrinkles: A True Love Story
- A Widow’s Might: The Secret of Finding Strength in God
- My Beastly Billionaire: A Sweet Beauty and the Beast Romance Retelling
Free Romance eBooks
- Getaway Girl
- Wicked Bond
- Kiss My Name
- Widower's Aura
- Candied Wolf: A Kinship Cove Fun & Flirty Romance
- Wet and Wild
- Broken Elite: An Angsty College Romance
- Lion Hearts Tiger
Free Fantasy eBooks
Free History eBooks
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
- Franz Kafka: The Complete Novels
- Francisco Franco: A Life From Beginning to End
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- Backstage Passes: Life on the Wild Side with David Bowie
- Dirty Laundry: From The Streets to an Executive One Man's Forty Year Journey
- Saving the Music
Free Business eBooks
- Write Your Book on the Side: How to Write and Publish Your First Nonfiction Kindle Book While Working a Full-Time Job
- Coaching for Emotional Intelligence: The Secret to Developing the Star Potential in Your Employees
Free Humor eBooks
- Granny Smith is Dead
- Patience County War
- Crushing Low Stakes Poker: The Essential Guide to Dominating Low Stakes Sit ’n Gos, Volume 2: Heads-Up
Free Graphic Novels eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
Free Horror eBooks
- Mrs. Beast
- This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things During the Zombie Apocalypse
- Void Fate: A Novel
- Something of the Night
Other Free eBooks
- Handmade Soap Making: How to Make Homemade Soap the Natural and Organic Way
- Fly Fishing 101: The Ultimate Fly Fishing Guide for Beginners
- Neuroplasticity: The Secret behind Brain Plasticity
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!