As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- Shelter Me Home
- A Limited Justice
- Realism: Sugar and Spice, Ink
- La Petite Boulain
- Star of Wonder: A Novella
- American Terrorist
- The Merchant's Pearl
- Dancing with Air: WWII Love Story
- Dirty Little Secret Santa
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- Two For The Kill
- Murder A La Carte: The 4th Nikki Hunter Mystery
- A Friend of Silence
- Demon Princess Magical Chaos: Volume 1 – The Tentacle Awakens
- The False Mirror: A Female Detective Murder Mystery
- Cackles and Cauldrons: A Not-So-Cozy Witch Mystery
- The Seedbearing Prince: Part I
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- Prototype D
- The Infinity Brigade #1 Stone Cold
- Bad Luck Charlie: The Dragon Mage Book 1
- House of Glass
- Space Pirate Charlie: The Dragon Mage Book 2
- Time's Anchor
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- 900 Easy Everyday Cookbook: The Complete Easy and Delicious Everyday Recipes For Fast and Healthy Meals
- Keto Diet for Beginners: The Complete Guide to Ketogenic Diet for Weight Loss with Easy Low-Carb Recipes to Heal Your Body
- The Best Sauce Recipes Ever!: A Cookbook to Jazz Up Your Meals & Add the ‘Wow Factor'
- Sugar Detox: Your Personal Sugar Detox Guide To Stop Sugar Cravings Naturally And Start Living Clean
- Chocolate Bliss: 150 Easy Chocolate Recipes
Free Religion eBooks
- Waking Maya
- Practical mysticism
- A Chance Mistake
- Diabetic Diet Cookbook: Best Diabetic Diet to Lose Weight Fast. Diabetic Low-Carb, Keto, Vegetarian and Mediterranean Recipes.
- Innkeeper: The Gift of Hospitality
- Peg Leg's Princess
- The Best Friend's Billionaire Brother: A Caprock Canyon Romance Book One
Free Romance eBooks
- Son of the Cursed Bear
- Son of Kong
- Husband Fur Hire
- Coveted by the Bear:
- Tarian Alpha
- For the Blood of a Crow
- Wolf Bride
- Dawson Bride
Free Fantasy eBooks
Free History eBooks
- Andrew Jackson: A Life From Beginning to End
- The Whistler: A Murderer's Tale.
- King James I: A Life From Beginning to End
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- Cold Blooded Killers: School Shootings, Kids who Kill, Mass Murders, Spree Killers
- How Can I Keep From Singing
Free Business eBooks
Free Humor eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- Princess Ahira: An atypical fairy tale of dragons and a princess
- Throne of Winter
Free Horror eBooks
- The Haunting of Emily Stone
- God's Body: Book One – The Fall
- I will kill you in my dream
- The Chameleon: Book One of the ‘Living In Hell' Trilogy
Other Free eBooks
- The Complete Keto Cookbook for Beginners #2019-2020: 600 5-Ingredient Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet Recipes to Lose Weight Quick & Easy
- Fruit Infused Water: 101 Fruit Infused Water Recipes for Weight Loss, Detox and Metabolism Boosting Vitamin Water
- Homemade Bath Bombs and Bubble Baths: Easy Luxurious Bath Bomb and Bubble Bath Recipes to Make at Home
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
To start, Amazon has a list of top 100 free books that updates daily.
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!