As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- Either Side of Midnight: A Gripping Psychological Thriller
- Mountain Man's Secret Baby: A Second Chance Secret Baby Romance
- Last Play: Book 1 Last Play Romance Series
- Someone Like You
- Saving Miss Everly: A Regency Romance
- Seasons of Love: A Sweet Regency Romance
- Dogwood Alley
- Special Recovery: Running Scared – A Sequel to Special Delivery
- For What It's Worth
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Wicked for Hire
- Pastrami Murder
- The Two-Witness Rule: A Novel
- True Blue Murder
- Z: Final Countdown: The Green Berets: Dave Riley #6
- The Aleutian Portal
- Crime Stories
- Danger Child
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- The Hidden Ship
- Fir Lodge: The first novel in The Restarter Series
- Winter Plague
- Prospector's Run
- Justice: A Fortinbras Short Story
- The Paradise Factory: A New York 2055 Cyberpunk Story
- Kyrah's Quest
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- A to Z Canning and Preserving for Total Beginners : The Essential Canning Recipes and Canning Supplies Guide
- 30 Easy Weeknight Dinners – The Summer Recipes and Summer Dinner Ideas Edition
- The Bread Machine Cookbook: Fuss-Free Recipes for Making Homemade Bread with Any Bread Maker
- 50 Delicious Pumpkin Cake Recipes – Holiday, Celebration and Everyday Recipes For Pumpkin Cake
Free Religion eBooks
- The Art of War
- Meditations: A New Translation
- Jesus on a Park Bench
- Awakening: A 40-Day Guide to Unleashing Your Spiritual Powers, Life's Purpose, and Manifesting Your Dreams!
- Katie Lyn's Guarded Heart
- Meditation: First and Last Step – From Understanding to Practice
- Christmas Bundle ~Love Came Down at Christmas ~Christmas Union~ Amish Knitting Circle Christmas
Free Romance eBooks
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc: Historical Adventure Novel Based on the Life of the Famous French Heroine, With Author's Biography
- The Countess
- The Emperor
- What Maisie Knew
- Wild On You
Free Fantasy eBooks
Free History eBooks
- Mary–raised in a brothel by a Blackfoot Spirit Woman: biography historical history women American west adventure usa memoirs
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- Strength in Strangers: A true story of heartbreak, hope and courage
- Murder Tales: They Got Away With Murder
Free Business eBooks
- Following Through: A Revolutionary New Model for Finishing Whatever You Start
- Simplify: 25 Simple Habits of Highly Successful People
- Introvert Brilliance: An Introverts Guide To Success, Time Management, and Productivity
Free Humor eBooks
- Playlist of the Ancient Dead
- Diary of a Minecraft Creeper King – Book 4: Unofficial Minecraft Books for Kids, Teens, & Nerds – Adventure Fan Fiction Diary Series
- A Bolshevik Christmas
Free Graphic Novels eBooks
- Working From Bed: A Visual Guide to 12 Rules for Beating Laziness and Procrastination Without Changing Out of Your Sweatpants
- 365 Cow Jokes Later: A collection of the very first World of Cow cartoons by StiK
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- Pride & Prejudice
- The Secret Garden
- The Hound of the Baskervilles
- Wives & Daughters: Including “Life of Elizabeth Gaskell”
Free Horror eBooks
- The Lady on the Road: An Urban Legend Short Story
- Forest Park: A Zombie Novel: Zombies, Climate Change and Terrorism. Forest Park, visit the town which has reinvented Zombie Horror.
Other Free eBooks
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
To start, Amazon has a list of top 100 free books that updates daily.
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!