As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- Plain Jane Wanted: A gorgeous, funny, heart-warming love story about starting over.
- Written: A Heartbreaking Story of Love, Secrets, Betrayal and Honour
- Daring to Love Again
- The Blue Rose: Mystery Crime Drama
- Atmosphere of Violence
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- The Unburied Dead: DS Hutton Book 1
- Winter Wind: A Novel
- The Pink Pony: Murder on Mackinac Island
- Complicate Me: A Brother’s Best Friend Road Trip Romance
- The Art of War: a Novel
- Ramus: A crime mystery with a dark twist
- Land of Nod, The Child
- Gear Heart: Freedom is Worth the Risk
- Scorpion Rising
- The Good Daughter: An intriguing mystery of psychological suspense
- Within The Maples
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- Dead by Dawn
- The Gathering: End's Beginning
- The Ouroboros Lock
- Bound to Eve, Part One: Shadowing the Caretaker
- Midshipman Elizabeth Bennet
- Double Date: Part One: He's having the time of his life. Too bad it isn't his
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- The Vegetarian Cookbook: 1000 Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes
- Delicious Vegetarian Cookbook Bundle: Quick and Easy Vegetarian Soup and Salad Recipes the Whole Family Will Love!: Vegetarian Cookbooks and Recipes
- The Essential Harry Potter Cookbook: Polypotions, Firewhiskey And Other Magical Drinks
- Lose Weight: Easy Weight Loss & “Fat Loss”! Best Recipes And Tricks For: Paleo Diet, Low Carb, Low Carb Diet, & Fat Loss Diet
Free Religion eBooks
- The Return of the Ripper: A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery
- The Winds of Armageddon: Countdown to Rapture: Exciting End Times Novel
- Fergus and Me: A Tale of Two Bezzie Mates
- Feeling Good: Mindfulness Meditation Guide To Feeling Good! – Relieve Stress, Stop Worrying, Develop Self Confidence And Trust, And Live In The Moment! … Relaxation Course, Yoga,
Free Romance eBooks
- Every Promise You Made: A Second Chance Romance
- Not-So-Blue Christmas: Love at Christmas Book 1
- Orion's Circle
- Devil Moon: A Mystic Romance
- Luck of the Draw
- Maggie’s Heart : Western Romance Novel
- The Enhancer
- Eve's Christmas: A delightful story following the search for Christmas perfection!
- Sam and Ana: Home for Christmas: A Christmas Short
Free Fantasy eBooks
- Fly: Goose Girl Retold
- The Origins of Miller's Crossing
- Echo and the Sea
- The Solitary Road
- The Mounds Anomaly
Free History eBooks
- Sons Of Kolchak: A Company Commander During The Vietnam Tet Offensive Of 1968 Tells The Story Of His Men's Raw Courage And Valor.
- Silke Justice
- The Gold Hunters : A Dangerous Treasure Hunt And The Story Of Life And Adventure In The Hudson Bay Wilds
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- Murders of Hollywood: A collection of True Crime
- Anderson Cooper: Journalist, Correspondent, News Anchor
Free Business eBooks
- History: History of Money: Financial History: From Barter to “Bitcoin” – An Overview of Our: Economic History, Monetary System, & Currency Crisis
- Condo-on-Wheels: Luxury RV Home Under $30,000, Perfect for Millennial, Gen X, and Boomer Generations: Easily Adaptable to Your Life's Plan
Free Humor eBooks
- 10000 Word Scramble Puzzles to Improve Your IQ
- Three Minutes of Eternity: A Uniquely Staged Adventure, Based on Real Events of the Famous Song Contest – The Eurovision
- Choose Your Own Romance: San Francisco
- The Witches of New York
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- The Clue : Detective Fleming Stone Series
- Dizzy Lizzie
- The Mystery of the Strange Notebook
- The Athlete-Student: Freshman Year
- The Mystery of the Hidden Suitcase
Free Horror eBooks
Other Free eBooks
- How You Can Run Faster Effortlessly
- The Miraculous Black Seed Oil: The Cure to All Diseases Except Death
- Natural Arthritis Cure: The Natural Cure, Treatment, and Diet for Different Types of Arthritis. End the Pain
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!