As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- The Cowboy's Secret Baby
- For Logan
- The Billionaire’s Forbidden Desires: A Second Chance Baby Romance
- Truth is the Soul of the Sun – A Biographical Novel of Hatshepsut-Maatkare
- The Shepherd and the King: Book 1
- All Your Firsts Without Me
- The Gudmaour
- How to Lose Your Dragon
- The Harder They Come
- Mustang Eyes
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- Beautiful Criminal
- Whiskey’s Gone
- The Valentine Voyage: Book Six: The Cozy Cruise Mysteries
- Six: A Dax McGowan Mystery
- The Blue Hotel
- Artism: Art is Murder. A Modern Tragimystery
- Knot Good: Two Love Gone Bad Mystery Novellas
- Dragon's Gait: Volume One
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- A Strange Manuscript Found in a Copper Cylinder
- Invaders from the Infinite
- Unreasonable: The Abraxian Wars
- The Iron Heel : The Pioneer Dystopian Novel that Predicted the Rise of Fascism
- Her Name Was Abby
- Renegade Space Salvagers: Last Salvager Standing
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- Simple Ninja Foodi XL Pro Air Oven Complete Cookbook with Pictures: 1000-Day Air Fry, Bake, Toast, Bagel, Reheat, Pizza, and Dehydrate Recipes for Beginners and Advanced Users
- The Diabetic Cookbook and Meal Plan for the Newly Diagnosed: 500 Tasty, Easy and Healthy Diabetic Diet Recipes with 28-Day Meal Plan to Manage Prediabetes and DM Type 2
- Diverticulitis Cookbook: A Complete Diverticulitis Diet Guide with 250 Quick, Easy, & Healthy Recipes To Enjoy Pain-Free Foods For the Proper Treatment of Gut Health & Heal Your Digestive System
- Air-Fryer Cookbook 2021: A Complete and Comprehensive Guide on How to Use Your Air Fryer and Cook 600 Delicious Meals
- Meatloaf Mania: In Search of the Perfect Meatloaf Recipe
- Vintage Recipes Vol. 3: Timeless and Memorable Old-Fashioned Recipes from Our Grandmothers
Free Religion eBooks
- The Cowboy's Secret Baby
- Love and Roses: A Sweet, Small-Town Christian Romance
- One Hit Away: A Memoir of Recovery
- Missing: True Cases of Mysterious Disappearances
- Romancing the Castle
- Take A Chance: A Christian Romance
- Santa's Big Book of Christmas Tales: 500+ Novels, Stories, Poems, Carols & Legends
- Mediumship: The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Spiritual Medium and Developing Psychic Abilities Such as Clairvoyance, Clairsentience, and Clairaudience
- Paganism: Everything from Ancient, Hellenic, Norse, and Celtic Paganism to Heathenry, Wicca, and Other Modern Pagan Beliefs and Practices
Free Romance eBooks
- Shielding Kinley
- Queen of Klutz
- Power Play
- The Assignment
- Lost in the Wind
- The Wicked House of Rohan
- To Defy a Highland Duke: Scottish Highlander Historical Romance
Free Fantasy eBooks
Free History eBooks
- Hospital Sketches
- Caricature and Other Comic Art in All Times and Many Lands
- The Myth of Hiawatha and Other Oral Legends: Myths and Stories of the North American Indians
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
Free Business eBooks
- How to Deal With Difficult People: Learn to Get Along With People You Can’t Stand, and Bring Out Their Best
- Success Pen Pal – Marketing Handbook
- Confidence: Learn How to Say Goodbye to All of Your Fears and Unlock Your True Potential!
Free Humor eBooks
- Middlebrow Cinema
- Don’t Worry! This Will End!: Rhymes to Soothe the Whole Family During These Trying Times of Unrest and Pandemics
Free Graphic Novels eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- Stormborn: A Tale of the Dwemhar
- The Journeyman
- Dragons of Introvertia: An Optimistic Young Adult Fantasy Series
- The Law of Entanglement : A Coming-Of-Age Love Story
Free Horror eBooks
Other Free eBooks
- The Anatomy of Melancholy
- Essential Tremor: The Hand I Was Dealt
- Rogue In Love: Thea and Lex
- The Vintage Ladies Collection. Volume One.: The Perfect Present for Ladies who Love to Laugh
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!