As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- The Strange Journey of Alice Pendelbury
- A Matter of Disclosure
- A Single Swallow
- You, Me, and the Colors of Life
- Her Last Love Affair 3: The Final Journey
- Love at First Swim
- Stalk You
- Missing Pieces: A Story of Love, Honor & Trust, Book 1:
- The Crime Syndicate: A British Crime Thriller Collection
- Billionaire Romance : Includes Romance Box Set
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- The Inside Passage: Ted Higuera Thriller #1
- Repo Chick Blues
- The False Favorite
- The Mohanbari Murders
- Perverse Consequences
- Lethally Ripe: Maggie Flanagan Cozy Mystery Number 2
- Good Things Come In Dangerous Packages: A Secrets of Sanctuary Cozy Mystery Holiday Short
- Quest for Buddha's Lost Amulet
- Secrets Of Dragon Back Ridge
- From Cellar to Throne: Zen's Quest for Immortality 39: The Heavenly Han House
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- Alie and the Cosmic Convicts: An Alien Reverse Harem
- Andrea the Martian Robot: Human Safety is a Primary Concern
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- The Complete Air Fryer Recipes Cookbook: 600 Budget & Family Healthy Air Fryer Meals Cookbook for Beginners & Advanced Users
- Copycat Cookbook: Inspired by Friday’s Restaurant & Bar
- Keto Air Fryer Cookbook: The best guide over 1000 recipes easy for beginners,to get you started with balanced eating plans.
- DASH Diet: Breakfast Recipes
- My Happy Pregnancy Cook Book: 40 Feel Good Recipes Including Naughty Eats and Wellbeing Treats
Free Religion eBooks
- Chosen By God: God Has Chosen You for a Divine Assignment — Will You Dare To Fulfill It?
- The Janus Journals
- When Two Hearts Collide
- Sleepy Christians: How God Is Awakening The Church To The Present Reality Of His Kingdom
- God Doesn't Write with a Pen: A True Story of Undaunted Faith and Mighty Miracles
- Amish Friendship Bread – Book 2
- Jesus Wept: Understanding and Enduring Loss
- His Redeeming Love Part 1: Autobiography of Matthew Robert Payne : Volume 2 is His Redeeming Love – a Memoir
- The Focus of Faith
Free Romance eBooks
- When an Earl Meets a Girl
- Crossing the Line
- Learn To Fly
- His Highland Lass
- Filthy Beast
- Say Yes: A Billionaire Fake Marriage Romance
Free Fantasy eBooks
- The Singing River
- Kiss Me Again: Second Chance Romance
- Tala Ridge Alpha: A Paranormal Young Adult Shifter Novella
- Bakkian Chronicles Omnibus
Free History eBooks
- The Broken Circle: A Memoir of Escaping Afghanistan
- 9 Lives: An Oral History
- 1945: The World We Fought For
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- The Son and Heir: A Memoir
- The Acid Alchemist: A True Story of Murder, Deceit, and Unspeakable Horror.
- The Spokane Killer: The Life of Serial Killer Robert Lee Yates Jr.
Free Business eBooks
Free Humor eBooks
- Warpaint: A Second Chance Romantic Comedy
- Poisoned in Paradise: A Caribbean Cozy Mystery Book Series
- The Misadventures of Pongo McVitie
Free Graphic Novels eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- Aesop's Fables
- Rocks and Minerals for Kids – Fun Facts & Pictures About Crystals and Gemstones, Geology & Much More
- Zara's Big Messy Bedtime
- The Missing
- The Cutting Room Floor: A Gripping Romantic Thriller
Free Horror eBooks
Other Free eBooks
- Keto Diet Book: Learn How to Start The Ketogenic Diet The Right Way!
- Life Lessons from Centre Court at Wimbledon: Teaching Your Children to Become the Best They Can Be
- Globesity: 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Making You Fat
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!