As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- The House on Rue Obscure: A modern Gothic romance mystery
- Dirty Love: A Reverse Harem Academy Bully Romance
- Cliffside Bay Bundle, Books 1-3
- Manual de um Homicídio: Baseada numa historia verídica
- The Calling
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- The Girls Across the Bay
- Compromised: Thriller Suspense Series
- Danger at the Dive Shack: Book 1 Dive Shack Mysteries
- Iron Triangle: A Jackson Pike Novel
- The Elementalist
- Apollo's Other Daughter: Detroit Detective Stories Book #5
- The Stillwater Tragedy
Free Science Fiction eBooks
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- The Menopause Diet: Delicious Mediterranean Recipes for Easy Weight Loss and Natural Hormone Balance: Healthy Weight Loss Cookbook
Free Religion eBooks
- The Wisdom of Proverbs: An Essential Guide
- Mail Order, Maybe?
- What if Lucifer Said “No?”
- The Story of Us: A poignant story inspired by true events for anyone who has ever loved and lost a cherished pet
- De la célébration de l'anniversaire du Prophète
- Live The Path Of A Green Witch: Beginners guide to understanding the spiritual practice of the green witch with spells included
- Happiness: No Longer A Dream
Free Romance eBooks
- Brilliant Disguise
- Moonlight Becomes You
- Seek: Project Xol
- Aurora Floyd
- Just Live
- Lady Rose's Secret
- Equal And Opposite Reactions
- Dirty Prince: Passport 2 Love
- The Valley of the Giants : Story of the Gilded Age
- Something Familiar
Free Fantasy eBooks
Free History eBooks
- The Ultimate Weight Watchers Cookbook 2021: New Easy and Healthy WW freestyle, IP and Air Fryer Flavorful Recipes to Balance Your Meals
- Histoire des Musulmans d'Espagne, t. 1/4 jusqu'a la conquète de l'Andalouisie par les Almoravides
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- The Colored Cadet at West Point – Autobiography of Lieut. Henry Ossian Flipper: Meoirs of the First Graduate of Color From the U. S. Military Academy
Free Business eBooks
- Credit Secrets: 2 books in 1 – Blast Your Credit Score Through The Roof And Repair Bad Credit By Having Everything You Need To Know Explained In Detail, Including 609 Letters Templates
- Social Media Marketing 2020: 3 Books In 1: Boosting your Business through Social Media Marketing on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, and Twitter! Top Personal Branding Strategies!
- Summary: The Richest Man In Babylon by George S. Clason – More knowledge in less time
Free Graphic Novels eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- You Taught Me Love: A Mother/Daughter Bonding Story for All Ages–Spreading Love and Gratitude Across Generations
- Self-Esteem: The Teen Girl's Journey to Self-Worth, Body Image, Mr. Right, and Being Your Whole You
- The Adventures of Pinocchio: Illustrated
- Lonsome Canyon: Western Fiction Adventure
- The Legend of the Louisiana Great Grandaddy Crawdaddy – Lone Survivor
- The Complete Novels of Mark Twain
- Violet Blood
- Valley of the Moon
- Dream of Empty Crowns: A Steampunk Fantasy Adventure
Other Free eBooks
- Metal Detecting For Profit – Lost Item Recovery
- MHADEI: An Autobiography
- Empathy: Discover the Power of Empathy and How to Be More Empathetic to Improve and Empower Your Life
- The 7-Day Self Discipline Blueprint: Habit Stacking for Beginners
- Dear Gluten, It's Not Me, It's You: How to Survive Without Gluten and Restore Your Health from Celiac Disease or Gluten Sensitivity
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!