As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- Filthy : An Age Gap, Anti-Hero, Mafia Romance
- A Strange Beginning: A Stand-Alone Biographical Novel
- The Return
- The President's Man
- Anya's Story and Moscow Dreams
- The End Of Her Honeymoon: Mystery Novel
- Weeping Willow
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- T-Rexes & Tax Law
- Even Stranger : A Roller-Coaster Of A Psi-Fi Thriller
- Anthriel: A Sci-Fi Alien Romance
- Assured Destruction: The Complete Series
- Then Came Darkness
- Killer Odds
- Phalanx Alpha
- Wet Magic : Fantastic Adventures Series
- Gentle City
Free Science Fiction eBooks
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- 50 Popular Types of Herb
- Vegetarian Soup Cookbook: Fabulous Plant-Based Soups and Broths for Better Health and Natural Weight Loss: Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss
- Authentic Korean Recipes: The Most Popular and Classic Korean Recipes
- The Keto Slow Cooker: Easy, Healthy and Low Carb Ketogenic Recipes for Weight Loss
- Complete Cannoli Cookbook: All the Recipes You Need to Make Amazing, Creative Cannoli
- Salads in Jars Cookbook: Healthy, Quick and Easy Mason Jar Recipes
- Basic Cooking Techniques: Learn How to Make, Bake, Cook and Prepare Food Like a Chef – A Holiday Cookbook Recipe Guide for Everyone
Free Religion eBooks
- Portrait of Love: A Historical Regency Clean Sweet Romance Novel
- Her Port in the Storm: An Inspirational Historical Romance Book
- We Named Her Faith
- Unexplained: Supernatural Romantic Suspense
- The Divine Tavern
- A Mail Order Bride In Winter: A collection of Mail Order Bride & Christian Romance
- Playing with God: Discovering His Kingdom Through a Paradigm of Play
- Outrun The Night: A Christian Mystery & Suspense Series
- Wicca Herbal Magic: Become a Green Witch and Discover Plants Magic Power to Mastering Herbal Spells
Free Romance eBooks
- Filthy : An Age Gap, Anti-Hero, Mafia Romance
- Crescent Wolves
- Lone Cowboy
- When It Hooks You
- Claim: A Dangerous Man #3
- The Start of Something Good
- One More Day
- Before There Were Three: Ethan & Rhett
- Trust you…not!
- Heart Shaped Fire: an mm shifter romance
Free Fantasy eBooks
- The Beauty in Darkness: A Vampire Story
- Burning Bridges Along the Susquehanna: Book 1 in the Susquehanna Series
- Blood for Breakfast
- A Fool's Venture: Burrows & Beasts: Book 1
- Crimson Sun
Free History eBooks
- My Fair Lady: A Story of Eleanor of Provence, Henry III's Lost Queen
- Seven Killers II: Western Fiction Adventure
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- Who the F*** Wants to be President?!: My Year of Living Politically
- The Disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel: A collection of True Crime
- Side Hustling for Working Adults : Our Military's Secret Yet Shocking Countermovement that the Chain of Command Doesn't Want You to Know About
Free Business eBooks
- The Miracles of Your Mind
- Be What You Wish
- Being On Mission: A powerful story of personal development and change based on the '10 Principles of Leadership and Life'
Free Humor eBooks
- Divergent: The Ultimate Interactive Quiz Book
- Cocaine, Cupcake: An offbeat satirical thriller.
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- The Sickness: Monte's Story
- Learn to Play Piano: step by step guide to playing the piano and reading piano music
- Joe & Anna Byrd and the Mysterious Coin
- The Visiting Fairy: A Short Story
- Children of the White Star: A Sci-Fi Adventure
- Battle for Earth: Journal One
- Easy Keyboard Pieces for Kids: 30 Simple Keyboard Pieces for Beginners | Easy Keyboard Songbook for Kids
Other Free eBooks
- I Don't Want to Be Happy – Said No One, Ever!: The Art and Science Behind Developing One of Life's Most Important Skills – In 5 Simple Hacks!
- Media Effects: Advances in Theory and Research
- Type 2 Diabetes: Diabetes Type 2 Cure for Beginners
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!