As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- Wait With Me
- Sixth Street Love Affair
- Save The Date
- The Lacemaker
- Royally Schooled
- Moorland Mystery
- The Unforgotten Past:
- Maybe It's You
- A Lady's Taste for Temptation: A Historical Regency Romance Book
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- Once Upon A Beast: A Billionaire Fairytale Romance
- Pineapple Jailbird: A Pineapple Port Mystery: Book Eight – A funny, thrilling & cozy mystery
- Knickers in a Twist
- A Cast of Killers
- I Am Justice
- The Keep: Giving Hope to Those Who Had None
- Dicing Up Disaster
- Taken! – Masquerade
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- Emergence: Infection: A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller
- Hello World
- The Deadly Thirst: A WJ Lundy Short
- Flatlined: A Near-Death Experience. Paranormal Thriller
- Life After: The Arising
- Volume 1: Tikor, the Beginning: A Swordsfall Lore Book
- A Soldier in Love
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- Wood Pellet Smoker Grill Cookbook: 100+ Delicious Recipes for Perfect Smoking Meat, Fish, and Vegetables
- 26 Gluten Free International Recipes – Fabulous International Food Cookbook
- Chili Recipes: Delicious Chili Recipes You Can Make With Your Slow Cooker Or Dutch Oven
Free Religion eBooks
- Ensign, May 2012
- Gift of the Gods
- Once Upon a Moonlight Night
- An Encounter of Courageous Hearts: A Historical Western Romance Book
- Wild Forever: A Sweet Historical Western Romance
- Exposing The Ponzi Masters: Offshore Money Laundering Ponzi Scheme Exposed
- Ramadhaan Lessons: From the Noble Quran and Authentic Sunnah
- Reiki Level I Certification Manual Usui & Tibetan: Energy Healing for Beginners
- Mile 21
Free Romance eBooks
- Jett Cocker
- Violent Delights: A Dark Billionaire Romance
- Time of the Celts: A Time Travel Romance
- Breaking The Biker The Biker Series
- Racing the Alpha
- Carla Kelly's Christmas Collection
- Genesis: The Dogs of War Prequel
- The General's Desire: San Diego Social Scene Book 2
Free Fantasy eBooks
- City of Demons: An Urban Fantasy Novel
- The Flame and The Blade
- Just For One Night: A Story Based on the Novel Heart of Malice
Free History eBooks
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
Free Business eBooks
- ForbesBooks: Challenge Everything: The Battle Cry That Blew Sh*t Up And INVNTd Live Brand Storytelling
- The Seven Epaulettes of Leadership
- Modeling Agency Tips: Get Listed with Fashion Modeling Agencies and Find Your Dream Job
Free Humor eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- Cinders, Stars, and Glass Slippers: A Retelling of Cinderella
- Jingo in the Jungle: Saving the Jewels of the Earth
- ExtraNormal Academy: PNR with a SciFi Twist
Free Horror eBooks
- The Space Between: The Prophecy of Faeries
- Ode To Death
- In the end, there's a plane crash: A Suspenseful Horror
Other Free eBooks
- Self-Discipline to Change Your Life: Develop Self-Control, Willpower, Mental Toughness, and the Ability to Achieve Your Goals
- The Skeleton Key: How I Made Bulimia Part of the Past Forever and Learned to Love Myself, and my Body All Over Again
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
To start, Amazon has a list of top 100 free books that updates daily.
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!