As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- Vegetarian Cookbook: Incredibly Delicious Vegetarian Soup, Salad, Casserole, Slow Cooker and Skillet Recipes Inspired by The Mediterranean Diet: Weight Loss and Detox
- The Complete Muffin & Cupcake Cookbook: 600 Recipes to Bake at Home, with Love!
- Fried Rice Recipe Cookbook: 20 Easy Dishes
- Holiday Baking: Favorite Quick and Easy Sweet Treat Recipes
- Colossal Cake Cookbook: Master Cake Baking with 202 Insanely Delicious Recipes!
- A Taste of India: Indian Cooking Made Easy with Authentic Indian Food Recipes
- Cooking with Frank's RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce: Delicious Recipes That Bring the Heat
- The New Mushroom Cookbook: Delicious Mushroom Recipes for Every Meal
Free Religion eBooks
- A Daring Captain for Her Loyal Heart: A Clean & Sweet Regency Historical Romance
- Entering the Circle: Ancient Secrets of Siberian Wisdom Discovered by a Russian Psychiatrist
- Twin Flame Code Breaker: 11:11 Key Codes The Secret To Unlocking Unconditional Love & Finding Your Way Home
- Misguided: The Knox Mission – Book 1
- The Tower of Alchemy: An Advanced Guide to the Great Work
- Kind: a Christmas short story of post-WWII Munich
- Twenty-Five Days Around the Manger
- Consciousness Reconsidered
Free Romance eBooks
- Once a Myth
- Trail of Hope
- Righteous Decisions
- Crown of Mist
- Just Don't Tell: MMMF Bisexual Romance
- Love Over Lemon Bars
Free History eBooks
- The Freemasons: The Mysterious Roots of Freemasonry: The Hidden Truths of History's Most Mysterious Secret Society
- Guy Fawkes: The Gunpowder Plot
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- I Cried, You Didn't Listen: A First Person Look at a Childhood Spent Inside CYA Youth Detention Systems: Surviving a Life in Prison from Adolescent to … Dwight Abbott died in prison on 8/8/20 RIP
- The Wicked West of Cromwell Street: The Lives of Serial Killers Fred and Rose West
Free Business eBooks
- 42 Things I Wish I Had Known When I Started to Trade Stocks, Forex, CFD
- The Little Book of Greatness: A Parable About Unlocking Your Destiny
- Whole Mind Facilitation: How to Lead Workshops That Change People, Organizations, and the World
Free Humor eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- How I Magically Messed Up My Life in Four Freakin' Days
- Lucky's Will
- The Strongest Bond: A Memoir
- How I Feel: Emotions & Feelings Books For Kids, Children Ages 4 6, Preschool, Activity Pages
- Spiders: Fun Facts And Amazing Photos Of Animals In Nature
- Chasing Skye: A Sweet Young Adult Romance
- Mia Marcotte and the Robot
- Mom, Dad, I want to be a DJ
- Fingerprints on the Mirror
- Hawthorn Academy: Year One
- Nosey Nancy and the Never-Ending Nosebleed
- Escaping Fate
- Bad Little Dog : Volume 2
Other Free eBooks
- Dark Psychology and Manipulation: How to Recognize Mind Control Techniques and Use the Secrets of Emotional Intelligence, Persuasion and Influence to your Advantage
- At Her Beck and Call: How To Build A Female Led Relationship
- Mine, Ours, and Yours: A Father's Journey through the Life and Death of a Child
- Spiders, Vampires and Jail keys: Bipolar disorder: A story of hope, recovery and inspiration
- How To Analyze People: The Ultimate Guide to Think Like a FBI Agent, Instantly Speed Read Anyone, Understand Body Language and Human Behavior with Proven Psychology Techniques
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!