As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- Rafferty's Rules: A Rafferty P.I. Mystery
- How to Choose a Guy in 10 Days
- The Kitchen Mistress
- Daughters: The Heartbreak of Human Trafficking
- How to Mend a Broken Star
- Upon My Death: A Little Tombstone Cozy Mystery
- Sara's Laughter
- Naked Moon
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- I Dare You: A Dark High School Bully Romance
- Rafferty's Rules: A Rafferty P.I. Mystery
- Eves of Destruction
- Apple Orchard Cozy Mystery Series: Box Set One
- A Mage's Power
- Buyer, Beware: A Samantha Kidd Style & Error Mystery
- A Devilish Punishment: Devil Springs Cozy Mysteries Book 1
- Cusp of Night
- Humanity's Hope: Camp H
- The Jill Hunter Short Story Series: Stories 1-3
- Whispering Pines Mysteries Box Set: Books 1-3
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- The Boy Who Played With Dark Matter
- Desperate Times 2 Gun Control
- On the Isle of Sound and Wonder
- A Dodge, a Twist and a Tobacconist: A Steampunk Literary Tribute Adventure
- The Reserve
- Mind Crawlers
- Scrambled Lives: A LitRPG Novel
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- Plant-Based High-Protein Cookbook: Nutrition Guide With 90+ Delicious Recipes
- 100 Best Juicing Recipes – For Weightless, Detox, Health, and Beauty
- 5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 76 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes
- Norwegian Christmas – Foods & Traditions: Dinners – Desserts – Cookies – Traditions – Songs – Lores
- Cast Iron Cooking: Easy Cast Iron Skillet Home Cooking Recipes
Free Religion eBooks
- Broken Trails: A second chance sweet western romance
- Who Wants to Love a Billionaire?
- Who You Were Meant to Be: Discover Your Purpose & Dare To Follow Your Dream
- Witchcraft, Magick and Spells A Beginner’s Guid
- Alice's Journey West Finding Her Way: A Historical Western Pioneer Romance
- Free For All: Four Things God's Amazing Grace Can Do for You
- Saints: The Story of the Church of Jesus Christ in the Latter Days: Volume 2: No Unhallowed Hand: 1846–1893
- Life Inside Out: How I Found True Freedom in God
Free Romance eBooks
- Fashionably Dead
- Lost Highlander
- Wrangling His Best Friend’s Sister
- Belmary House Book One
- Desperate Measures
- Happily Ever Now
- Nickel's Story: A Steel Bones Motorcycle Club Romance
Free Fantasy eBooks
Free History eBooks
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- The Girl Who Had No Enemies: and ThE MaN WhO HaTeD WoMeN
- The Barton Murder: The Mysterious and True Murder Story on Hamilton Mountain. Did Somebody Get Away With Murder?
- The Candy Cards: The Shocking Story of Dean Corll
Free Business eBooks
- Summary: ”Thinking, Fast and Slow” | A Comprehensive Summary to the Book of Daniel Kahneman
- Intimate Marketing: Social Networking is not enough:How to make customers love you forever!
- Credit Repair Secrets: The 10 Ways To Fix Your Credit & Completely Turn Bad Credit Into Good Credit
Free Humor eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- Tracing Time: The Past Outlines A Legacy
- The Color of Night
- My First Reading Book
- Poison Dart Frogs! Kids Book About Frogs: Fun Animal Picture Book For Kids With Interesting Facts & Wildlife Photos
- The Untimely Death: Christmas Mysteries 2019
Free Horror eBooks
- The Necromancer – Book 1:
- The Deathtaker: a Paranormal Romance
- The Savage Series Complete Mega Boxed Set:
Other Free eBooks
- Wing Chun: Beginning Wing Chun: The Ultimate Guide To Starting Wing Chun
- Make Him Submit to Your Every Whim: How to Use Your Feminine Power to Take Control of Your Man's Mind, Body and Soul
- Borderline Personality Disorder: Understand the Mind of a Person with Borderline Personality
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
To start, Amazon has a list of top 100 free books that updates daily.
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!