As usual, I've put together a list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- The Widow Makers: Historical Fiction
- Single You Out
- Accusing Elizabeth: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
- Honor Kills: PI Angelina Bonaparte Crime Thrillers #3
- Home to McCarron's Corner: Lily's Story
- Arc Of A Shooting Star: Life Gets Complicated
- The Billionaire's Secretary
- My Ex Boyfriend's Secret Baby
- Weave a Web of Witchcraft
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- Devil Among Us: Lara and Uri Book 2
- Quantrall: Cowboy justice for hire.
- How to Marry the Last Billionaire on Earth
- Rub-A-Dub-Dub There's a Corpse in the Tub: A Small Town Cozy Mystery
- The Gate Crashers – Black and Gold Vigilante Justice Action and Adventure Crime Thriller series book 4
- Murder in the French Teacher's Garden
- Too Close To The Wind
- Midnight in New California
- To The Bone
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- The Auriga Project
- Emergence: Incursion: Volume 3
- The Dragon Mage Series Books 1-3
- Fall of the Cities: A Mercedes for Soldier Boy
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- The Ultimate Keto Instant Pot Cookbook: 1000 Fast and Healthy Recipes. : Must-Have Keto Recipes for Weight Loss. Foolproof Instant Pot cooking for Beginner Cooks to Home Chefs
- A Taste of Thailand: Thai Cooking Made Easy with Authentic Thai Recipes
- Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 Cookbook: 800 Easy and Affordable Air Fryer Oven Recipes to Fry, Bake, Grill & Roast Most Wanted Family Meals
- Spiralizer Cookbook: Healthy Low Carb Spiralizer Recipes
- Effortless Mediterranean Diet Cookbook 30-Minute Meals: Quick and Easy Kitchen to Table Mediterranean Recipes
- Pantry Cooking : Quick and Easy Recipes with Pantry Ingredients
- Copycat Recipes Cookbook: 201 Tasty Famous Recipes to Cook in the Comfort of Your Home
Free Religion eBooks
- Your Invisible Power & How to Live Life and Love it: Learn How to Use the Power of Visualization
- Dreadful Dark Tales of Horror Book 1: Supernatural Short Stories Anthology Series of Scary Monsters and the Paranormal
- Not Another Single's Book: A Guide to Living Single in a Dating World
- Be Positive or Be Quiet: Be Positive or Be Quiet – You Are Prophesying Your Future
- Freeing an Outlaw’s Heart: A Historical Western Romance Book
- Hattie: A Heart that Listens and Eyes that Speak
- A Second Chance for Sugarplums: A small-town Christian romance
- Building Blocks
Free Romance eBooks
- Scarlet Toys
- Lachlan: Bad Boy Undercover Romance
- Baby Spice Forever
- You Have My Heart
- The Duke and I
- Christmas At Thorncliff Manor
- Tragic: A Brother's Best Friend Romance
- Wicked Ride
Free Fantasy eBooks
Free History eBooks
- The Presidents On The Presidency : in their own words
- Correcting James Clavell's novel “Shōgun”: Relations between Japan and European Christian countries, in which an English samurai was involved, changed the world's history with guns, wars, ninja, etc.
- The Death Card
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
- The IT Girl: 3 Steps to Find Career Options for Young Women in Tech
- When Girls Next Door Kill : The True Story of Cindy Collier and Shirley Wolf
Free Business eBooks
- Win Paid Advertising: The Unconventional Marketer
- Hire Smarter, Sell More!: Using Talent Analytics to Discover Sales Rainmakers and Avoid Toxic Troublemakers
Free Humor eBooks
- Chess for beginners : The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Effective Chess Openings, Strategies, and How to Always Beat Your Opponent
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- The Happy Prince and Other Tales
- The Lady and the Wish: A King Thrushbeard Romance
- Silly Stories for Silly Kids: A Funny Short Story Collection for Children Ages 5-10
- Olive the Worrying Wiener : A Short Tale about a Particularly Long Dog
Free Horror eBooks
- The Gated Trilogy
- The Him: A Novelette of Extreme Horror
- The Ancient Order: Chronicles of the Order Book 1
Other Free eBooks
- Picture It: Homeopathy: A Picture-Based Guide to Homeopathic Remedies and Personalities
- How to Beat Health Anxiety
- The Psychology of Fake News: Accepting, Sharing, and Correcting Misinformation
- Morton's Neuroma: Podiatrist Turned Patient: My Own Journey
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!