Here is the current list of free Kindle eBooks. Many of these are available to everybody! For the longest time, I thought they were only for Amazon Prime members, however I discovered anybody can read these free eBooks with any number of free Kindle apps. Be it on your phone, computer, or tablet, you can download a Kindle app and get these books for free!
They're split into different categories and were all free as of this morning, though please make sure they're still free when you go to redeem them since sometimes these promos only last for a few hours / days.
Hopefully, you can find something fun to read. 📚 😃 And as usual, please check the price before you download. These free books are often time-based and will go up in price after a certain amount of time, so before you download, make sure the price is $0.00!
Free Drama & Fiction eBooks
- ALTDORF: The Forest Knights: Book 1
- Two Birds With One Stone: A Helen & Martha Cozy Mystery Series
- Adam Bede
- The Song of the Tides: The Song of Octa Novella
- Bold Springs
- Maura's Dream
- Eight Days: An Adventure into the Afterlife
- Unchained Melody: A heart-warming second chance love story.
- Mrs. Odboddy: And Then There Was a Tiger: A WWII tale of conflict and carnivals, turmoil and tigers.
- The Heathrow Affair
- The Calling
- A Jacobite Rebel in Colonial Virginia
Free Thriller/Mystery/Action eBooks
- Trail of Defects: A Cold Springs Mystery
- Dog Helps Those
- The Cutline: An Alex Vane Novella
- Double Crosser
- Living By The Gun
- Death On The Algarve: Eyes Of The Water
Free Science Fiction eBooks
- Darkest Reach
- Battle for Earth: Journal One
- The Eyes of The Sun
- Josiah Trenchard and the Might of Fortitude: Space Navy Series Book 1
- Pleiades Rising: A Novella
- Hall Of Skulls
- War Dog: A Code of War Novella
Free Cooking & Food eBooks
- Gluten Free For Beginners: Go Gluten Free and Maximize Your Health and Longevity
- Pit Boss Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker Cookbook: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide Including +600 Flavorful Easy-To-Replicate Recipes To Take Advantage Of Your Pit Boss Grill And Create Fantastic Barbecues
- Mug Recipes Cookbook : 50 Most Delicious of Mug Recipes
- Superfoods Today Diet: Weight Maintenance Diet, Gluten Free Diet, Wheat Free Diet, Heart Healthy Diet, Whole Foods Diet,Antioxidants & Phytochemicals, Low Fat Diet :Weight Loss Eating Plan
- Top 30 Caribbean Recipes: Chicken Recipes, Jerk Pork Recipes, Salads.
Free Religion eBooks
- Cherished: A Romance
- Conquer: Overcome Setbacks, Build Resilience, Restore Hope
- Calm Comfort Meditations
- Lucid Dreams and the Holy Spirit
- The man in the River: following God out of the Church
- A Bible-Based Argument Against Calvinism
Free Romance eBooks
- Mountain Man Fixated
- Jessica's Teacher
- The Elizabeth Chater Regency Romance Collection #3
- First Sight: A Forbidden love Story: Guardian Of Monsters Saga
- Kiss and Tell: A Dark Fairytale Retelling
- Christmas in a Bottle
- Firebase: A Novel of Wartime Vietnam Suspense and Romance
- Mayhem, Most Magical: A Paranormal Women's Fiction Novel
- Scarlet Skies of Savannah
- Freeing Joslyn
Free Fantasy eBooks
- ALTDORF: The Forest Knights: Book 1
- The Undying Viking – An Arthurian Mythology Thriller
- Chronic Reincarnator: Part 1
- Dark Emerald: A Manifested Novel
Free History eBooks
- The Battle of The Bulge in 25.305 Words: The Concise History of Hitler's Last-Ditch Attempt to Turn The Tide
- The Siege of Kobani: A Brief, Open-Source Account
Free Biographies & Memoirs eBooks
Free Business eBooks
- Profitable Social Media Marketing: How To Grow Your Business Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn And More
- Options Trading Crash Course 2023 : The Complete Beginners Guide to Learn the Best Strategies to Make Money and Create a Passive Income for a Living. Day and Swing Strategies Included
- Freelancing: How to Make Money Freelancing and Build an Entire Career Online
- Own Your Awkward Life Changes: The Complete Handbook For Mastering Change
Free Humor eBooks
Free Children's & Teen eBooks
- Chasing Fae
- The Wing Thief
- What makes a Robot tick: The common man's guide into the world of Robots. Free from Mathematics and Programming.
- The Journey Continues
- One Day at a Time: A gripping and at times, heartbreaking story for teenagers and young adults
- The Fifth Kingdom
Free Horror eBooks
Other Free eBooks
- Keto Diet Cookbook for Women after 50: The Ultimate Guidebook Ketogenic Diet Lifestyle for Seniors with Simple & Delicious Keto Recipes. Balance Hormones, … Metabolism, Burn Fat, Lose Weight Fast
- Silver Star: A Second Chance Sports Romance:
- Empath and Psychic Abilities: A Survival Guide for Highly Sensitive People to Avoid Emotional Burnout, Overcome Stress through Meditation, Telepathy and Clairvoyance
- Plant-Based Diet for Beginners: Healthy Vegan Recipes to Reset and Energize your Body ¦with Pictures, Plant-Based Grocery List and 14 days Meal Plan included. Whole Foods Cookbook
- How to Strengthen Your Immune System: Discover the Best Immunity Boosting Foods, Vitamins, Herbs, and Other Effective Ways to Strengthen the Immune System
Free Professional eBooks
- Trade Pub has a huge resource of free Professional eBooks all aimed at helping navigate the corporate landscape. Whether it's networking, climbing the ladder, or learning a new skill, Trade Pub has a free book just for you.
How to Find Free Kindle Books on Amazon
While I know many Hiffers find the daily list of free Kindle books above helpful, what if you want to find your own free books on Amazon?
Sadly, Amazon doesn't make it easy. But that doesn't mean it's impossible! I've done all the hard legwork below to help you easily find your next free book.
Amazon's Top 100 Free Books
To start, Amazon has a list of top 100 free books that updates daily.
This is a great list to check out if you want to see what's popular, but also free.
Free Book Categories
The Kindle library can be hard to navigate, but I've got the best tool to find your next free eBook! Listed below are the 31 Amazon top-level Kindle Categories. Linked are each Kindle genre's collection of free books and Kindle Unlimited freebies. Make sure the book you select is priced at $0.00 with the “Buy Now” option selected.
Look Within Kindle Subcategories
Every Kindle Category has a wide array of sub-categories making it easier to find good Kindle freebies. For instance, check out the first category.
- Arts & Photography
If you click through those sub-categories, you'll notice that over half of them have their own nested category beneath them!
With such a strong ability to zero in on topics, you'll find free books in your niche, hobby, or interest in no time.
Lookout for High Value Books that are Temporarily Free!
Be sure to watch out for higher valued books temporarily on discount for free! These come around more frequently than you'd think, but they often only last for two or three days. So if you see a paid book marked down to $0.00, be sure to add it to your account before the price goes back up!
Use the Kindle eBooks Advanced Search Function
I don't get why Amazon buries Kindle's Advanced Search feature so deep in the site! Here, you can search by keywords, author, title, publisher, subject, published date ranges, and even relevance.
Then, once you get your results, sort by “Price: Low to High” to get all the free books that match your criteria!
Free Kindle First Books for Prime Members
On the Fence About a Kindle?
I was too. A few summers ago, I bought my first Kindle and promptly let it gather dust in my desk for months. Flash forward to January. I get snowed in, the power goes out, and I discover my impulse-buy deep in my desk while hunting for candles. The battery was so strong on it, that it still had a few hours left even though I hadn't charged it since I first bought it.
I haven't put it down since. I'm the only person who somehow gets addicted to an electronic device during a power outage.
Some of my friends complain that reading books and newspapers on an electronic device is sacrilege and I used to agree. However, when I last moved apartments, I realized I owned enough books to fill the Ancient Library of Alexandria. Captain Beatty would fry me alive if he discovered my hoard. I'd probably thank him too. Just the thought of moving them again is giving me a hernia.
Remember, you don't actually have to own a Kindle to read many of these free ebooks. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone, tablet, or computer!
If you found a good book or enjoy these free Kindle eBooks posts, please let me know in the comments!