I'm a tad late on getting this published, but I wanted to provide a list of free pumpkin carving stencils and templates. My sister could always free-carve the most gorgeous designs without any help. Then she'd turn around and look at whatever monstrosity I'd created and we'd laugh our tails off at how bad I was.
So if you're like me and need a little help carving your jack-o-lantern, then here are some great freebies for you!
All you have to do is print out a free design, place the sheet over your pumpkin, and carve away! It's like tracing for your gourds, which…kinda sounds way dirties than it actually is.
- 60 Festive Designs from Better Homes & Gardens – They have designs ranging from cute to creepy along with templates for both novices and experts alike.
- 12 Better Homes & Gardens Mythical Creatures – BHG also has a dozen mythical creature pumpkin stencils, such as zombies, werewolves, dragons, and vampires.
- HGTV 100+ Beginner Stencils – HGTV has a ton of easy to use beginner templates for the kiddos, such as witches, cats, ghosts, bats, skeletons and zombies. Or if you’re looking for a cute, less menacing pumpkin design, carve a unicorn, owl, dog, dinosaur or a silly face.
- HGTV 90+ Advanced stencils– If this isn't your first spooky craving rodeo, then you might want to have a look at their slightly more advanced pumpkin-carving stencils. Browse through a variety of designs from spooky to cool, such as ghosts, vampires, spiders, dragons, flowers, butterflies and even Dolly Parton.
- Free Disney pumpkin carving patterns – Here's a search result of Disney patterns. Right now I'm seeing 26 patterns, like Ariel, Grogu, Olaf, Mickey Mouse, and more.
- 100 Designs from Pumpkin Lady – I love the clean design of this site. In addition to the famous designs, she has some great more generalize ones like Autumn Leaves, goofy faces, different dog breeds, and much more.
- Hundreds from Pumpkin Pile – They have a massive collection of pintables within the following groups: Traditional, Classic Jacks, Cartoons, Movies, Super Heroes, Sports, Video Games, Words, Celebrities, Vehicles, Animals, and Symbols.
- 300 pumpkin patterns from Pumpkin Glow – Yet another huge collection of pintables. Scroll down to the bottom of the page in order to find pattern categories.
- Free pumpkin patterns via Spook Masters – Last on the list is this older site. It's not as updated as the ones above, but one feature I like is that after clicking on a category at the top of the page, you'll get a full list of designs all on one page. So there's no constant clicking to the next page in order to find the best freebie for you.
If you find a design from the list above and use it to carve a pumpkin, I'd love to see the final result!