Groupon is currently selling cheap Sam's Club memberships for $45, which usually retail for about $100. That's a great bargain right off the bat, but the reason I'm posting this is because they're also offering coupons for items that basically give you a free Sam's Club membership!
To start, you immediately get a $20 gift card, which means you're really only paying $25. However, if you enjoy eating, then you probably won't have trouble putting down a free 54 ounce cheesecake! I know I won't and we'll get that along with some other food as part of a free family holiday dinner package valued at a little over $43. Between the free food and the gift card, you're coming out ahead!
The sale ends April 3 and is valid for new Sam's Club Members only; not valid for those with a current membership or those who were Sam's Club members less than 6 months prior to March 21, 2016. However if you have a spouse … 😉
The full package available on Groupon includes:
- One-year Sam's Club Savings membership
- Complimentary membership card for a spouse or other household member
- $20 gift card valid for any in-club, online or fuel purchases
- Instant Savings offers loaded directly to the membership card within 72 hours of activating membership in club
- A family holiday dinner package, including:
- Main St. Bistro Scalloped Potatoes (40 oz – $6.97 value)
- Daily Chef Dinner Rolls (36 ct – $4.98 value)
- $10 off a $12.98 Daily Chef New York–Style Cheesecake (54 oz)
- $10 off a $19.46 Daily Chef Boneless Spiral Ham (6 to 7 lbs; priced per pound)
I know paying $45 off the bat isn't exactly free, but I figured it'd be worth it for any Hiffers with a family or who might be sitting on the fence about buying a membership to a store like Sam's Club. Heck, this is the closest you'll find to a true free Sam's Club membership!