I’m not sure if you’ve heard or not, but apparently tomorrow is kind of important. We’re having an electrocution? No, that’s not it. An election! Yeah, whatever that is, I’m still not sure. I wish they’d do a little more advance publicity for this thing. At the very least, it’d be nice if the news mentioned it once or twice, geez.
Seriously though, no matter who you support, I think we can agree on the single fact that it’ll be nice for this clusterf*@# to finally end. And even though this year may have been a tad maddening, voting is important. It’s right up there with respecting your elders and always offering guests named Goob a glass of whiskey. So in celebration of every Hiffer fulfilling their civic duty, a few business are giving out election day freebies!
I’ll continue updating this post with any new freebies I find. All offers are valid on Tuesday, Nov. 8 only unless otherwise specified!
- 7-Eleven – $1 coffee via their mobile app if you have one of their “election cups.”
- Bob Evans – 30% off entire order! Valid after 2pm.
- BurgerFi – Your “I Voted” sticker will get you a $5 Conflicted Burger, which normally costs $9.
- California Tortilla – Free chips and queso when you say “I vote for Queso.”
- Firehouse Subs – Free medium drink
- Great American Cookies – One free cookie with your “I Voted” sticker.”
- Krispy Kreme – FREE DONUTS!!!!!/li>
- Marco’s Pizza – “Vote for pizza” and get a voucher for a free pizza!
- P.F. Chang’s – 20% off your online order or takeout with code VOTE20.
- White Castle – Free gallon of iced tea with the purchase of a Crave Case. Use promo code USA.
- Uber – New users can use code UBERHIF to get $20 off your first ride!
- Lyft – Existing members can look for a 45% off code in their Deals of the Week section. This code will be valid from 7am-8pm and is capped at $10. Meanwhile new users get $16 off their first ride with code LYFT16OFF AND $5 off their first 10 rides with NOVEMBER8TH.
- Zipcar – Free car rentals / rides from 6pm-10pm. Reservations can be made today!
- Macy’s – 20% on-line or in-store purchases.
Free Election Day Food
Free Election Day Travel
Free Election Day Discounts
I’ve done everything in my power to steer clear of politics this time around (shoutout to veteran Hiffers who were around in 2008!) All I ask is that you listen to each candidate’s own words, truly absorb and digest what each of them is proposing and give serious consideration to how their ideas and goals will mold the America of tomorrow. If you’ve accomplished these goals and still feel you can vote for your candidate of choice with conviction and a clear heart, then I salute and thank you.