The classic free $20 American Spirit gift certificate arrived via physical mailers for years. However, they discontinued them in 2020 and probably won't bring them back for a while, if ever.
However as of 2021, their new freebie system went digital on mobile! It's like discovering a brilliant TV show during its third season. The only difference is one kills you through lung cancer and the other though heart disease. Tomatoes, tamatoes!
Here's how to get your free American Spirit gift certificates on a mobile device.
- Log in with your free account on American Spirit. If you don't have one, then register a free account. American Spirit is legally required by federal law to confirm your identity as an adult 18 years or older. They must do this to keep children out, so they ask for your last 4 digits of your social security number. You're never asked for a credit card or payment info whatsoever, so this is completely free, legal, and safe.
- Visit this page on your smartphone and you'll be presented with your freebie coupon!
- Tap “Get Gift Certificate”
- Choose a nearby store to redeem your gift certificate.
- Select your gift certificate and use at checkout.
Please note that it must be redeemed within five minutes once selected. So I'd sign up at home, then wait until I'm near the store to redeem the free coupon.