EDIT: Most, if not all, of the links below were dead since it's not 2007 anymore. So I've removed many of them.
With 2007 having just arrived, there's one thing that we all need – A new calendar. Of course, you could trek to your local mall and buy one from one of those crappy kiosks, but why do that when you can get one for free?! Below you'll find a gigantic list of all the places where you can have a free wall calendar sent to you in the mail at absolutely no cost. All are available to US residents and many are open to Canadian residents, so check the fine print on each site. And if you know of a site we left off this list, let us know!
– Well, at least they'll be able to find this free calendar a nice home.
– Like cheerleaders? Like looking at them on your wall everyday? Good.
California Raisins – Any child of the 80s can tell you who these guys are. They used to be everywhere! You couldn't go into a Hardee's (or Carl's Jr. for you West coast folks) without tripping over a giant cardboard raisin waving to you or skating boarding or playing the saxophone. They still don't really make sense, but I freaking love them and can't wait to get this free calendar.
Canadian Animated – Here's one of the few (only?) free calendars I found that's available just to Canadians. So that means 95% of you can just skip this while the rest of you click the link and get a free Canadian calendar.
Cell Signaling Calendar – The photos on this free calendar are actually pretty cool looking. Of course you can't actually tell what in the hell you're looking at, but they're still calming and mesmerizing, so that's all I really care about.
– Nothing says classy like a logo with a funky chicken flying through the air!
Dream Dates – Now this is a calendar I'd really like to have! Let's see, it has the days of the week, every month, oh, and HOT CHICKS!
Free Calendar Now – Lets you print out free, blank calendars to fill in as you like. Kinda cool if you enjoy making your own calendars and/or uh….writing on paper?
Hollywood By The Sea Florida – Call me crazy, but I thought Hollywood was in California. It looks like whoever runs this freebie offer was educated in America, because if there's one thing Americans don't know, it's science. And math. And proper English followed by history, reading, and politics. But then it's geography! Heck, I'm just happy my years of schooling actually taught me what a calendar was.
– What better way to spread the message of diversity and tolerance then through a calendar!?
– Just add the free 2007 calendar to your shopping cart and check out.
Lenska Aerial Images – This calendar not only provides a way for you to keep up with the days, but also can double as a fun game where you try to identify all the tiny buildings in the photos!
Mercy Ships – Is it me or are the old guy and little kid having a thumb war on this page? Man, that is so unfair. Here's an adult, supposedly traveling the world and helping impoverished kids, and instead he's whopping their butts in thumb wars. I don't even know if I want this free 2007 calendar now….oh who am I kidding, I not only want it, but I want to go beat some African kids in a thumb war as well!
– This Year of Good Health calendar might not be for everybody, because I certainly did not have a year of good health. But maybe I shoudl get this calendar anyway and use it to track all the times I get sick/hurt/injured in 2007.
OtterTrail Pocket Calendar – You have to email them your address and they'll send it to you. I know what you're thinking, “who the hell uses e-mail anymore?!”
– Does anybody else find it funny that this calendar is called “precious in his sights” while the header of their website says “Christian Blind Mission?”
– The state of West Virginia is sending out this scenic 2007 calendar.
– This is actually a horrible calendar. Who in their right mind wants to stare at delicious food all day long? You'd be constantly hungry and by April, you'd weigh close to 400 pounds. Still….whatever it is they are showing for the month of January looks damn tasty…
Spanish Love in Blossom – I'm not Spanish and I'm not in love (unless you count the massive man-crush I have on Brett Favre), but they still let me sign up for this calendar. I bet they'd let you sign up as well.
Tatamagouche Centre – I have no idea what a centre is. I'm from America, where our centers are spelled right and where our tatamagouches are…well, I don't really know what a tatamagouche is either. They sound awfully similar to those little electronic pets from Japan that were insanely popular a few years back. Wait, have I gotten off subject?
2007 Veterans Calendar – The freebie calendars end with a free 2007 veterans calendar. No joke here, just a free calendar from the men and women who protect my freedom so that I can sit around in my boxers all day, eating chips, and finding free crap on the Internet. Isn't life awesome?
Wildlife Gifts – Okay, I lied, the Veterans calendar isn't going to be the last one because W comes after V in our lovely alphabet, a fact I forgot a few minutes ago. Don't worry though, because this free 2007 calendar is totally worth it. Great photography, photos of killer animals, and even on on-line pdf file of the calendar so that you can look at it before ordering it. It like these guys thought of everything!
Thanks go out to all the members of the forums who helped find each and every one of these free 2007 calendars!