KID, RUUUUUUUUN! Whoever is holding those clippers is about to shave your head since there are free kids haircuts at JCPenney for the month of August. All you need to do is call 855-JCP-KIDS or your local JCP salon and set up an appointment for any kid in grades K-6. Well, try and make it for your own kid. Society tends to frown upon borrowing neighborhood children just to give them a free haircut.
Since the freebies suddenly dried up over the past 48 hours, I hunted down a few extra free events this weekend.
- Lakeshore Learning – Their craft event from 11am-3pm is building a Spring Chick.
- Lowe's Build & Grow Clinic – Kids will be making a sports pinball game from 10am-12pm. As usual, space is limited, so register on-lin.
- Michaels – On Saturday from 10am-1pm, kids can attend the free Make-It, Take-It Crayola event. It's been a while since I've used crayons, so I don't really know what this is.
- Michaels – What?! TWO Michaels events in one weekend?! Okay, calm down there. Sunday's event will be another Make-It, Take-It event where they “build” an Easter pail. Note that this is from 1pm-3pm.
- Toys R Us – From 11am-1pm on Saturday, there's a Thomas Play Date where kids enjoy story time, coloring, and free giveaways.
In other words, sleep in this weekend if you're childless.
The American Red Cross is waiving their usual $25 fee and offering free CPR classes on Saturday, March 19. There are over 100 participating locations, but be sure to check the map on their site because they're randomly scattered across the country. My nearby branch isn't participating, so looks like I'll have to teach myself via a YouTube video. Don't worry, I'm sure xAwesomeDude003x has valid credentials.
I guess these free Lowe's Build & Grow Clinic are every weekend now, because tomorrow from 10-11am they'll be building a free flower planter. After your finished playing Bob The Builder, head over to Toys R Us from 11am 1-pm for a free Thomas the Tank Engine event.
Okay, I had to put my cat down this morning, so I'm not feeling the funny today. She was a fantastic, old kitty who loved sunning all morning, sleeping on our chests at night, and slyly letting the dogs get close enough to almost sniff her butt before smacking their heads at any hour of the day. In other words, she spent 19 years rockin' out. She'll be dearly missed in the Goob household, but damn, you could not have asked for a better cat.
From December 2nd through the 24th, Whataburger is giving away free coupons every other day. In order to get them, simply sign up in advance and you'll get a random coupon e-mailed to you each day they're released. Speaking of food, I think it's time to head back to the fridge. Twelfth round of Thanksgiving leftovers, here I come!
Not to be outdone by Chick-fil-A, Oprah is giving away a coupon good for, two individual sides, and a biscuit! Plus, the terms say you're limited to four prints of the coupon. Talk about an amazing offer – toss in a water and you've got yourself four free meals.
You have until 9:59pm CDT 5/6/09 to print the coupon. You can then redeem it at any participating KFC location from 5/5/09 to 5/19/09, excluding Mother's Day.
Now come on, who was planning on taking their mom to KFC for her Mother's Day meal?
Update: As many people have commented, KFC is no longer accepting these coupons. They are instead.